Friday, April 25, 2008

An Improved Skill level indicator

With reference to my previous post on skill level indicators, I have come up with a new version... which I think is better...

It works in terms of "problems", since when employers ask for skill what they're really asking is, how useful are you to me with this technology?


  1. Problems, what problems? (iow, I haven't had any problems because I haven't used it enough)
  2. Somebody else solves my problems
  3. I solve my problems but have to sometime ask someone else to help
  4. I solve other people's problems, sometimes someone comes with a new problem
  5. I solve other people's problems and there is never a problem that I don't know how to solve immediately

No comments:

How important is the programming language?

  Python, typescript, java, kotlin, C#, .net… Which is your technology of choice? Which one are you currently working in and which do you wa...